Thursday, May 7, 2020

Correspondence; to Gina in Hawaii


Gina,

Thanks for the music. I might have some of this on tapes from back then.

A lot has happened around me in the last decade or so. 

The establishment of Eternalism as a valid alternative to dogmatic religions is my main focus, and that includes all the arts; writing, music, design, painting, even architecture and fashion. Eternalism is created to start a way of thinking, a mindset based on the search for knowledge.

This morning is busy, but I'll leave you these prototypes of the symbol. Use them wherever and whenever you like. They will even become more important if you leave a note with them saying they are symbols of Eternalism.

Oh, and a brief blurb;

"I wrote the song '74' when I was 27 and had started a band in San Francisco called 'The Living Daylights'. Gina and my sister had done a spectral job of backup singing on TLD record. My purpose in writing '74' was to plan my life up until that age, and then move on to the next life form or whatever was beyond that. It was at the very beginning of the philosophical concepts that would lead me to formal Eternalism. I was so glad that Gina liked the song so much she included it in her repertoire and recorded it. It stands as a document not only of my personal evolution in the '80's but also of the halycon San Francisco music scene at that time." 



No comments:

Post a Comment