Sunday, May 24, 2020

Eternalist Thought Is Only Possible With A Free Mind

You'll need to be uncompromising in your search for knowledge.

That means unfettered by routines and assumptions, conscious and unconscious patterns and dogmas, social, religious, political and intellectual.

It's starting to be understood that Eternalist thinking is a discipline, the mind controlling the mind. You start with the questions you find you are asking yourself; 'Am I prepared for possible worldwide calamities?' 'Am I sexually attractive to the kinds of people I am sexually attracted to?' 'What if I die? What is that really like? Should I believe the dogma of heaven and hell just to relieve my anxiety over death?'

These and other questions are important in that they help you sustain a base reality to your life. The more basic the question, the more become the center, the groundwork of your mind. But what about the answers?

I teach to be very suspicious of answers. Having an answer is like parachuting into quicksand. You'll have to maneuver that parachute to more solid ground.




No comments:

Post a Comment