Saturday, June 20, 2015

Painting and the Unconscious.

Last night I went to a company-sponsored 'paint party' where everyone paints the same pic; a lighthouse. Mine came out alright though I will do some additional painting on it here at home. It lacks a theme, a direction, a definitive mood, drama.
To me painting is all cerebral. It's about rediscovering and redefining one's own thought processes. The placement of a stroke, the color juxtapositions, all are definitions of ideas, instincts and deep desires from the unconscious mi...nd. It helps me separate instinct from learned behavior.
It was suggested we all paint the company's logo in the form of a cloud in the sky above the lighthouse. I was the ONLY one there who did this! I'm no toddie or brownnose, I just thought their logo looking like a cloud would be creative. Maybe it's because I've painted the symbol I created to represent deep time so many times.
I don't have a pic of last nights painting yet, but here's a good example of my cerebral approach; a painting I did several years ago that I call 'Courage Girl'.
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/…/1914726_122035279803…

1 comment: